Tuesday 21 June 2011

Bucket For Two

Tonight I got asked to write down one or two things I would put in my bucket list. We were told to write no more than two options.

For those who don't know what a "bucket list", it is basically a list of what you would like to achieve or experience before you die, also known as when you "kick the bucket".

My choices limited (I can think of hundreds of things to put in the bucket), it clearly clarified what I deemed important. I wrote:

1. To see my (children and) grandchildren (grow). - Hopeful life journeys
2. To see the 7 wonders of the world. - Achievable adventures

I still can't think of anything better than those two, that is realistic and not influenced by situations/circumstances like war, health, faith, relationships or ambition. They're not in the bucket list because they are purposes driving me/us now.

This also made me think of a blog I wrote in 2006 - "This Lady Can Dream". The dreams I listed then are still accurate, surprisingly! I'm glad to see that some of them came true.

...I wondered which top two people would choose?... What's important to us now?

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment