Monday 12 August 2013

On The Eight Day I Rested

... after cleaning the kitchen and the living room, mopping (to vacuum later because people were still asleep in the house), wiping clean tables and tops, doing a load of laundry, showering, and hanging the washing.

By 9.30am I was finished and relaxing with my breakfast next to me (milk and muffin). Started and finished my homework for tonight's class (2 hours work), while picking on my breakfast plus yoghurt and organising lunch with a friend who just arrived back from Italy.

Listened to music - Norah Jones and Jack Johnson - both has a way of soothing me and relaxing me with their voices and/or their songs. Tried to journal (failed), replied to messages and tried to sort out more appointments. Looked at my bed, so inviting. Got dressed to go out instead.

Now 12.30pm. Lunchtime. Resting on the kitchen table while I write this post, waiting for my friend so we could eat lunch outside together, before she rushes off to work. I'm looking out the window and the weather does not look good, at all! But we will pursue, because quality friendship time is intentional, deliberate and important. Plus we both wanted to take it easy, as well as try out the cafe we found out we were both eyeing. :-)

And we are off!

I will rest after meals. Will vacuum the house when alone later. Will nap after, or read a book, maybe. To meet with two friends for conversations at 6pm. Then walk to my 7pm night class with a lot of women. Hopefully home to rest by 10pm, if not detoured.

(Took today off.)


No comments:

Post a Comment