Thursday 15 May 2014

A Prayer


I was asked how I prayed when alone. My reply was, "... in many ways...".

My prayers could be mixed with praises, thanks, prayers for others, prayers only for self, questions, in tears, even laughing, inaudibly, through singing out loud, while walking, while conversing, while reading, when a memory pops in my head, and while listening to songs. The subjects are also very varied, from generic to intentional and specific. I know I pray more than three times in a day, but I don't count how much more. Sometimes quick ones (less than a minute), sometimes much longer.

I recorded myself tonight while praying a "generic" prayer, expressing my heart and my thoughts for others and myself. It was harder because I was too conscious of my surrounding, of being recorded, and of needing to speak clearly so I could understand my communication. I may have also tried to be more "flowery" in my language. It is unnerving for me to share my prayer here, I feel too vulnerably open, but with a huge deep breath, I decided I could/would handle it.

Here's a glimpse of it, towards the end. Prayers thanking God for my blessings, general chat, and for the beautiful day omitted; because I mentioned in previous posts most blessings already. Prayers for others are best kept confidential or to share only with those closest friends. So I transcribed in personal form instead of in plural form:

Jesus thank you for your peace. Thank you for never leaving my side. I can't make the changes I long for on my own Lord. I cannot do it on my own. I'm so aware that I need you and your peace.  Thank you for comforting my pains, worries, tiredness. Thank you for your providing me all I need to overcome.... Help me to keep my eyes on you, to see you, my King and Saviour always before me, and not the losses or issues that might be before me. You have the ultimate power over everything God on this world and in the spiritual realm. You are the creator of all things and have authority over all things. All glory to you Father, amen. I welcome wholeheartedly your power and authority Lord Jesus, into my life....  I pray for your protection and armour cover God, tonight as I sleep and tomorrow. I ask for restful and restoring sleep. I ask for wisdom, and a sharp mind, and for the Holy Spirit to guide me in applying knowledge into my life Lord; giving you power and priority in my functions, actions and decisions. I ask for your peace into all situations I will encounter tomorrow and this week.... In Jesus name, amen.

If you feel you would like to pray the same prayer or parts of it. Please do. Let's pray together. :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment