Saturday 25 May 2013

Out of Touch

I feel quite out of touch with writing at the moment.

I won't wish for more time than 24 hours, because I know I will fill it up with many more "to-dos", instead of writing (or learning to write). Guaranteed burnout.

I am also very distracted. With many other tasks to do. Plus meetings and multi-tasking. Showering, food-shopping/cooking, washing clothes, etchetera are such a bother! ;-) I haven't had a chance to sit still or do nothing for longer than 1 hour, aside from sleep. Knocked out.

I made up for recording reflections by posting snippets in a social profile. But I prefered to delete them after a while... so it was really not the best place.... But some information I deemed private, not privvy for "open viewing".... I really need to work out how to balance private and online life.... I think I am comfortable to be more online now.... But changes won't be introduced until 2014, until I confirm the conclusion of various considerations....

++++++++++++++++++++++++

This month was mostly used spending time with people - the ones/groups I lost touch with; needed/wanted  to keep in touch with; and was newly in touch with. I value many people and relationships in my life. I have the ones I love "set in stone".... Those who are new but I could tell would hold special places in my heart/life.... Those who comes in and out, and they are okay too :-).

Focusing on people could be just as tiring as focusing on tasks. They are sometimes more time consuming, and sometimes more draining. Most times, they are blurred. Dangerous I think, because we start to believe doing something, for them or with them, is enough. But we forget that doing nothing with them is just as important. Take the time to get to know each other ONLY instead. Enjoying the conversations, giving full attention to our company. Doing something, with and for, only because they cannot be avoided.

Need to stop rushing through tasks. Need to stop rushing through people.


(* No time to elaborate. This will have to do... :-/....)

No comments:

Post a Comment