Tuesday 30 April 2013

Top Tens - Autumn/Fall 2013

End of the month. Autumn April's almost over... the first of our Fall season. Here's my top tens... :-)


Ten Things I Love/Appreciate

1. Restful, longer than 5 hours sleep.
2. Still feeling at peace with willingness to give up work (despite loving it and the security).
3. SBS (Special Broadcasting Service) shows, documentaries and films - now accessible online. So good! 
4. Still haven't purchased anything new, though my one-year challenge to not purchase "stuff" ended this year. I noticed I have a lot of beauty products though - body lotions, toothbrushes (collected from Vietnam hotels, hahahah), toothpastes, hair gels, eye shadows, nail polishes and lipsticks. A few collected like the toothbrushes, some given, a lot were freebies from events/places attended. I decided to give them away or use them all before purchasing another.
5. My baptism.
6. Seeing representatives of my friends (outside and within church), colleagues and family all-together for the first time in one location, as they supported/celebrated my baptism with me. I'm very appreciative, thank you.
7. I appreciate the opportunities I will soon be given to prepare for my next adventures. I'm waiting to become an apprentice, to be more exposed to Godly missions.
8. I actually really appreciate the confrontations I face with myself as I try to apply the Kingdom living and values into my decisions and actions.
9. I am grateful that (most) friends know that my relationship and love for them will not change to less just because I turned "Jesus". It will break my heart if any of you think I will see/treat you with less love, or unequal or unacceptable. :-((( .... My love has actually even increased!! Not out of pity, piety, or duty! But overflowing from increased awareness of how much God loves all of us, regardless.
10. I appreciate the challenge of "letting go of stuff". Material things, and emotional. Filtering what's important and true/honest. This is also very hard, making me face fully some harsh and confronting issues. I want/need to face them, for my own good and to be better. It is great for healing and restoration/rejuvenation, which I love. 


Ten Things I Miss/Dislike

1. I dislike flu vaccinations. Uuuuggghh! I had my injection today. My arm is sore and heavy. My body feels ill.... :-(((
2. I don't like feeling unwell. Hot cold hot cold.
3. I miss being active without much restrictions. I don't feel unhealthy. I'm unfit but I don't feel gluggy. I just miss how it boosts my mood and gives me doses of endorphins.
4. I dislike my ankle losing flexibility, and my stand/walk being unstable. Keep an eye out for my "airplane" moves when I feel like I'm falling... ;-)... ack! :-/
5. I didn't like not achieving/acquiring my online TEFL certificate. I have accepted why I had to push it aside, not following my agenda. Naturally, I feel like I failed. But bigger picture, it is so clear where I am being lead. I also know I will teach English as a foreign language, in God's time.
6. I dislike feeling cold. I know I prefer heat. If only I could hibernate and wake up when the weather is warmer again.
7. I dislike how messy my room table and drawers and floor gets...!
8. I would dislike to be somewhere quiet, away from my other preoccupations, and write.
9. I miss the beach, with warm water and sunsets.
10. I dislike losing the little confidence I have in driving. I haven't driven for years. I'm pretty sure I've lost the little skills I had.... ugh.


Ten Wishes/Prayers ** All pretty much the same...! :-)
1. To wait patiently on God. Hebrews 11:8.
2. Ankle (and leg burn) to heal well and fully. Also please no flu this fall/winter!
3. To have (undeniable) clarity on what to do next. I think I know medium-term what I am learning, doing, and preparing for.
4. To not be lead by my own plans/fears/insecurities/over-confidence. Psalm 23.
5. To have (undeniable) clarity on where to go to next. I think I already know.
6. Courage (I have, because I trust.)
7. Submission (I do, because I follow with trust.)
8. For the last (biz) issue with old partner to be fully finalised this year instead of in 4 years! No negativity, but I would really like to no longer have to deal with him and not participate in keeping the (biz) issue away from his new partner. Peace of mind and complete closure would be nice.
9. To not under-perform and to be a peacemaker at work. smoothening office issues and politics.
10. That opportunities keeps coming and presenting itself; and that I respond rightly/appropriately.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Top tens Rachelle. Loving it.
    Here my 10 comments for you:

    1. Thank God for remembering you.
    2. Thank God for what you're going to be.
    3. Thank you for your Love.
    4. Thank you for giving hope.
    5. Your trust is encouraging.
    6. Your path is enlightening.
    7. Wish and pray for you all open (biz) issues to be quickly sorted and closed for peace of mind.
    8. Wish and pray for you a life with no stress and anxiety.
    9. l want to waste my time with God (preferably more together at your side :-)
    10. God's time is always right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this again, as I prepare to write my next top tens, and it made me smile. Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete