Friday 15 March 2013

Now

I had a hundred ideas to write about!! Life was very packed with many reflections, lessons, conversations, experiences and stories. Not a day this year has passed where it felt like "any other day", or monotonous. I started sentences for a topic to blog about, then deleted them to write about a different topic, then decided on another one instead, deleted and so on, several times. Each one competing for centre-stage.

So, I don't understand how people could be bored for long. I get tired yes, lonely being single yes-maybe, don't like what I'm doing sometimes, don't like my injury yes, emotional lots, but bored - why? All I need to do is wake up and I am bombarded with stimuli. I could not keep up! So I wondered how could people be bored all day or longer? If it is, then change something a little. Life is too prescious to not enjoy and not be thankful for, despite whatever hardships or sufferings we/you are going through, really, truly. :-/

I love being busy, but I crave for quiet time. My next trip I would dedicate at least one week somewhere away from it all - sleeping or just smelling the air. Where my only thought and feeling would be nothing. No active exploration or interactions. When I wouldn't care if I ate or drank. When nothing outside of me would be important. No new or old friends. Just me. I cherished those quiet and alone times:
  • Italy (2008, up 8 to days)
  • Portugal (2008, 4 days)
  • Murcia, Spain (2009, 2 days)
  • Dahab, Egypt (2010, 2-5 days)
  • Chaam/Chiang Rai/Mae Hong Son, Thailand (2010, 3 days)
  • Maldives (2011, 2 days)
  • Polhena, Sri Lanka (2011, 1 days)
  • Sapa, Vietnam (2012, half a day)
  • Si Phan Don, Laos (2012, half a day). 

Those "only me" times were so rare and special. I knnooowww, people would say try to be a parent, carer, cannot travel, etc etc. Different busy or lifestyle and/or choices, is all. STILL busy and still need to recuperate.

My trips' main goal was always to explore the countries and its cultures. I packed more in my itineraries, so alone times became lesser as the years progressed. Quiet was very hard to attain, as I always had to prepare for onward travel. I also had to fight my curiousity and my "adventuress" nature. Here at home it had been absolutely impossible. Peaceful yes, quiet never. There were always reminders, friends, responsibilities, opportunities and tasks to do. I could never fully shut down. Meditation never worked. Too much stimuli. Too much noise. Only sleep could knock me out.

A friend offered me a place overseas in a beautiful quiet town to stay at, free of charge for up to 3 months (or longer), while he was away for his own holiday in a much warmer (burning hot!) climate. Encouraging to pull out my creative and insightful side, less of my worker and running bee. I am drawn to it but I hesitate, preferring to be busier for now, while young and energetic. Another friend offered his place overseas in the city too while he is away on missions, because he trusted me. I have girlfriends whom wants me to relocate to their cities (will help me settle and introduce me to men they'd love me to marry!). All very tempting, and I would definitely take up the offer one day, if still available then (including one of the men, maybe, hahaha). My selfish self wanted to run there to enjoy and escape (life is too short and wonderful to waste mentality). I have been like this since a fortnight ago, after I realised money is no longer important (see Divided?). I'm like an excited horse, jumpy and ready to bolt to any good adventure! I feel so free that it could be mistaken for reckless. I could be labelled a "flight risk", so a relationship could not be taken seriously, unless he is similar. A couple of offers of casual fun (committed to each other?), long-term partnerships and marriages received since being home (circa 2010). I was willing (so willing I just joined an online dating site, ack!) but I could not accept any of their offers. I abstained. My heart and mind wished/waited for someone else. Still, for now, my place is here, keeping me grounded, learning more lessons, trying to understand the wisdom without confusion, keeping quiet as much as possible, ready, silently revving up....

Amazing life. Exciting times. Trying to be present in the power and wonders of now.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. Someone is ready to hit it hard. Good on you. Just one favour asked: Whatever your adventures will be, update us. It's refreshing to read something beyond the daily routine.

    ~Ulrich

    ReplyDelete