Sunday 6 January 2013

Top Tens - Summer 2013


Ten Things I Love/Appreciate

1. I appreciate friends. I needed them and relying on them more now.... So much kindness. 
2. I love my Bible. I didn't recognise this until last week. I was pleasantly surprised. It is my most leafed-through and most engrossedly-studied book; and one of the major essentials I carry with me when I travel overseas. ♥ Interestingly, it is a hand-me-down (without maps). I've been considering purchasing another travel-hardy one with maps, etcetera.
3. I appreciate (the power of) prayers. I'm still learning - to focus, to elaborate, or to be specific (compared to casually conversing, or quickly in point forms). There's no "strict rule on how to pray" to follow. I just nowadays value and love the private communions. I still prefer to be quiet during public praying, but love being part of the group. 
4. I appreciate that I could survive on very simple foods, hahahah!
5. I appreciate strong internet access and my netbook (both kept me company while I healed in "solitary" confinement for several weeks).
6. I love (takeaway) home-cooked meals prepared by friends. 
7. I appreciate free (good enough) movies online, especially the foreign arthouse films with English subtitles. 
8. I love that I succeeded on a personal challenge to not purchase new possessions for myself last year (except for self-defence training gear and a Vietnam flag t-shirt that I wore on the Mount Fansipan Summit to commemorate the achievement). It was a hard test but I proved I did not need more stuff.
9. I would love to continue not shopping except for necessities.... I bought one item since the new year, replacing the leggings I ruined during my recent travels. My new one is so well made (ordered through a friend's sister all the way from Korea!) and thicker with a mini-skirt attached to keep my modesty from behind. Ladies do check that please! I've seen too many sheer leggings worn on their own, and really, not a good look.
10. I appreciate the challenge of "letting go of stuff". Filtering what's important and true/honest. This is also very hard, making me face fully some harsh and confronting issues. I want/need to face them, for my own good and to be better. It is great for healing and restoration/rejuvenation, which I love. 


Ten Things I Miss/Dislike

1. I miss floating or wading freely and amphibiously in water. My leg and ankle are being treated for injuries, advising against sun exposure and uneven grounds or waves. Thankfully now, I can at least stand in indoor pools (shallow end) and warm spas (with the wound off the water if possible). With doctor's approval, woohoo! 
2. I dislike being inactive. I already feel unfit and gluggy.
3. I miss full mobility. The little lifestyle adjustments I've adopted added up and are tiring.
4. I dislike that I am struggling to do my TEFL online course. I have not started!! Lacking motivation(?) or distracted(?), but also other challenges/opportunities are presented that requires more attention.
5. I dislike spiritual warfare.
6. I miss my mentor. She has been a gift and is a blessing.
7. I miss other mentors (I am still searching for appropriate ones), for other ventures/opportunities.
8. I dislike not knowing how to ride a motorbike. I will try to learn and get my license this year. Hhhhmmm... maybe I should have kept my motorcycle helmet... ack!
9.
10.


Ten Wishes/Prayers
1. To have reconstructive surgery, if it is best option.
2. To heal well and fully.
3. To have (undeniable) clarity on where to place my efforts.
4. To not be lead by my own plans/fears/insecurities/over-confidence.
5. Courage
6. Submission
7. For the last (biz) issue with old partner to be fully finalised this year instead of in 4 years!
8. To not under-perform at work. I love it and it (plus my colleagues) has been great to me.
9. That opportunities keeps coming and presenting itself.
10. That when these opportunities arise, I respond rightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment