Thursday 10 January 2013

Inspiration

I've been appreciating a lot of people lately. I feel blessed to be surrounded by very inspiring people. What I love about these specific individuals is that they are not the ones usually highlighted and talked about as inspirational characters. They are not outlandish or outspoken. They do not wear flashy clothes or drive fancy cars. They rarely stand out from the crowd, are not extroverts and even very quiet. They are so unassuming that we do not rush to meet them in a social setting. Barely, if not at all, noticing them. Underestimated.

I thought I was nice to make time to get to know them. I thought I'd be bored. But I was the one who ended up being lucky that they let me be their friend. I could learn so much from them. I value the inspirations that they could generate from being themselves. Most of them are individuals I met through church. One of them from outside the faith. Different ages, different walks of lives. All of same heart, inspired to love with action.

Thank you for sharing and letting me be part of your lives. :-)


2 comments:

  1. So you are running a field study of lower life forms? And – surprisingly – they turned out to have a brain? Hmmm, what does that tell me about where you are coming from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... that's not what I said and it is offensive that you call them so... *biting my tongue*. Opportunities brought us together, which I was thankful for, or they (too) probably wouldn't have made a point of introducing themselves to me.
    Your statement above may be more telling about where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete