Saturday 22 September 2012

Everest - Part II

A few days ago, I wrote the blog "Everest", talking about letting go of my goal to climb the summit, because the changes that may occur to my life may not be able to (financially) support this dream. I talked about accepting the consequences.

The situation has not changed. The battle within still rages. But in this blog I will give voice to the other side, and talk about perseverance.

Fair enough, my focus will not be... on myself. In stepping forward to the life changes, my self-centred plans will be pushed aside, and I will/may not have disposable income to be able to afford the high costs (of training, equipping, and travelling to practice climbing summits around the world). The summit dream requires both constantly present to succeed.

Instead of saying "never" though, I can continue dreaming BIG. Believe that there will be a third chance. Believe that the journeys of my new life may still lead to the second chance, where my personal dreams will naturally be included in the bigger purpose. The major focus may be different but I could still stay inspired and be motivated by this lesser priority mission. To trust that it will all work out and balance itself out.

To have that faith takes action. That's why we say "leap of faith", we have to move forward, even though we don't see what's ahead. The same as having faith in God when we trust and obey His plans despite the future not making sense or seeming to be insecure. We are not meant to sit idly. We can chase all our dreams concurrently with various levels of persistence, consciously and unconsciously. Just be mindful of our priorities and reasons.

When I was young I dreamt of many things, that made my journey through life wonderfully fascinating. Dreaming large should not stop when grown up. In fact, it is essential! Women in their 50s and 70s climbed to the top of Mount Everest. SO CAN I. These women were able to do it because they had many climbing experiences behind them. To walk the same path, I should follow their example - stay fit, keep healthy, train for altitude climbs on various mountains whenever possible, enjoy the journey and learn its lessons, and never give up on the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment