Saturday 10 September 2011

Ten Things I Love and Miss (Spring)

Ten Things I Love

1. My pool and spa. I finally used them tonight. They're awesome!
2. My rice cooker, cooking rice is a bliss!
3. Flowers!
4. Great housemates
5. Clean home
6. Girlfriends - new and old
7. Guyfriends - new and old
8. My sense of peace (I get fidgety with life, my mind is active, but my body is healing and my heart is well)
9. My trips coming up, the fact that I can still do them. Thank you God and thank you work.
10. Finding out I'm actually better at snowboarding now. Having good, supportive and fun people around you is really very important. I had the courage, they gave me the push. Then I flew! Thank you to my Snow Family 2011! :-))

Ten Things I Miss

1. Weekly, full body, head to toes and fingers, front and back, twist and pull and knead me like clay, deep tissue massages
2. Sleeping under the stars
3. Youngest member of our family :-)
4. South African rusks - especially the lemon flavoured ones, and butterscotch
5. Freedom of living with just one and a half (excess!) suitcases of stuff to rely on. Cash not wasted on keeping a nest, spent on others (or self) instead. Less materialistic, always looking forward.
6. Fattah Shawarma, with lots of garlic sauce and some chilli sauce
7. Superb earplugs for my music player. The ones I'm using now are faulty, came with the player.
8.
9. (I always struggle to list ten things to miss, must mean I'm pretty satisfied.... That's good!)
10. Holding hands (with someone I trust and love)
- I talked about this with a friend, about missing the basics. For him it's lying down in the park with his woman resting on his arms. We crave the positive energy that transfers between a couple. Still, even though we receive enough offers (unfortunately not from "the right person") that we do not have to live life now without it, we agreed we'd rather go without than to reach for someone to temporarily fill in these gaps :-).


POSTSCRIPT:
I'm running the campaign for Christmas shoeboxes to be filled with gifts for children (see earlier post "Operation Christmas Child"). Someone asked me what I would like in my box, heheheh.

In humour (and wistful thinking), here's what I came up with:

- Something to Love: My namesake, aka "little lamb", accidentally taken away from me to UK last year :-(, my constant travel companion for almost a decade, this may be the last photo I took of her
- Something for School/Work: Macbook Air (wish it has 10 hrs battery life like my laptop, not 5 hrs!)
- Something to Wear: Homemade shea butter body lotion, or reef shoes
- Something to Eat/Drink: A box or 2 of South African rusks
- Something to Play With: Iphone 5 (coz I heard it will have 2-simcard slots! Yey! With the other bonuses I need - flash camera/video, wifi, music player, radio?)
- Something for Personal Hygiene: A specific bath sponge (from Germany, Ghana or Taiwan)
- Something Special: Inga, my personal masseuse :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment