Tuesday 20 September 2011

Peace One Day... &... R U OK? Day


Peace One Day - every year - 21st of September.
Celebrate it.... Honour it... Support it... Encourage it.

http://www.peaceoneday.org/


╚════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

I've been trying to write about certain topics that I seem to keep getting reminded to write about. But I can't find the time to concentrate on them or I am too tired. I am always chasing sleep and rest lately; not home til after 10pm, and awake long past midnight most nights - tonight a good example. I have taken on too much. Nonetheless, I am confident in the fact that I am meant to do all of them.

I decided for now I can at least post about "Peace One Day" happening tomorrow (or today, since it is now past midnight); and the "R U OK Day". It wouldn't take me long at least to write about them :-).

.... I copied above from an old post I wrote in 2006, in an effort to save time. It is still current. It is still the same message of non-violence and raising awareness.

Another one is the R U OK? campaign. I haven't read anything about it, yet, I like it. Caring for others is always a good initiative. In my travels I met and/or noticed a lot of lonely people; a lot of depressed people. Again, if this campaign raises awareness and encourages people to think of how they can positively affect and/or help others, I hope this little blog post can contribute.

Check for the websites about the R U OK? Day within your country. This year it was held last week. But we can still continue applying the practice as part of our normal/daily caring life. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment