Friday 27 February 2015

Days of Nothing

As part of my steps into becoming a full-time missionary, God sent me to Big Island Hawaii, and confirmed it by giving the same scripture to my spiritual mentor. Logically there were a lot of reasons why I should have gone elsewhere and done something else. But obedience meant following God's plans and promptings, with trust and faith, instead of my own.

So I left, open to being away for 6 months or more, but still convinced I was going home after. Then during the second month I felt God's Holy Spirit reveal to me that I was meant to stay. Jesus was very clear in sending me into Kona, He will be very clear in sending me out!

I continued to immerse myself in the lessons, from the school and from the Triune God. There was a lot of faithful walk, obedience and wisdom teachings I had to go through. In retrospect, much of my growth I could pinpoint to walking/responding in His Spirit. A HUGE lesson!

I graduated from the discipleship training Friday last week. As of Saturday, I had been living without any plan from myself (except being open to leaving after one month if I did not get a clear direction from God). My days of "nothing" started. Living life open to God's plans, surrendering control to Him.

Used to specifically scheduling a meeting with myself to rest, a life of nothing felt idle and unnatural. I wavered slightly by losing my peace a couple of times. I wished for "fruitful work", usually when I discussed my lack of plan with others whom were trying to help or encourage me, ack!! But during those times I also declared my choice to trust and believe Him. God's love is so great He kept comforting me that He is faithful in His promises and reminded me:

  • to lean hard on Jesus (Song of Solomon 8:5a)
  • to partake in His plans for us (2 Peter 1:4)
  • that He will give me shepherds after His own heart, who will lead me with knowledge and understanding (Jeremiah 3:15)
  • that He will provide for me (2 Kings 25:28-30)


... I did not have to wait long for hope. Less than a day ago I had a conversation with someone where the tugs in my heart and my longterm interests are coinciding. What we discussed were still in thought process stage, so nothing was concrete. I'm content, happily being with God, my friends, fruitful in my rest, enjoying life and each day of nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment