Saturday 28 July 2012

Top Tens - Winter 2012

Ten Things I Love

1. I witnessed an older man quietly rush to get another older man/colleague (whom coughed once while presenting to a congregation) a cup of water, because he noticed/felt it was needed. It entered my mind but I let the impulse pass. The rest of us probably would not have bothered unless the speaker choked, and maybe even then waited for someone else to act :-/...? Very few in the crowd noticed this act. It happened while we had our eyes closed (praying). I heard him only because I was sitting close to the steps and the space between them. It was very sweet, caring, kind, humbling and touching.... I love the heart of these 2 men, having dealt with them many times before. I wondered if they were like this as young men, hopeful that men "man up" young, not too late in life... ♥.
2. Acts of service. Like above. Kindness from so many people, without expecting any return -> others-focused giving.
3. Being romantic 
4. Old-fashioned love letters, even if expressed in other languages, if my languages are too limiting (sent electronically is fine but also nice handwritten ).
5. Improving my cooking/baking skills
6. Spiritual challenges and learning
7. Peace and quiet... simpler life
8. Seeing flowers at home and at work
9. Chivalry
10. The spa to soothe my muscle pains/strains


Ten Things I Miss

1. Someone to be romantic with *sheepish smile*
2. Old fashioned love letters 
3. My nieces and nephews (and family in general)
4. Non-airconditioned warmth. Nature's warmth. I am built for tropical weather, for heat. Winter - heating, and the layers of clothing I have to wear to keep warm - stresses me/my body down. Plans to relocate to warmer year-round climate soon or in a few years....
5. Exploring a new place/country
6. Dancing partners/groups
7. Massages, my body's taking much beating, literally (self-defence training)!
8. How my body felt before all the training I started this year.... more pampered/feminine... now mostly strained/pained, ack.
9. Having time for other interests
10. Time past.... Since I was in early teen I never rushed to get older. Instead I was already acutely aware of how fleeting time was, how fast time passed!.... I tried to live life seizing moments and enjoying "being", moving and standing still, and experiencing life without losing integrity/morals/values. I've lived so much! ♥ Yet, I still feel life/time is moving too fast for me!!?.... ack.


Ten Goals for 2012 (Pretty much the same as Autumn's List)

1. Doing well not shopping for material things. But I needed shin guards, a mouth guard, and open gloves to continue my training. And I was given over-the-knee boots I mentioned I wanted ☺. I guess they don't count (a part of me is wishing a simple thigh-high boots will also land on my hand before this season is over, hahahah, ack!)....
2. Still procrastinating on finishing my online course to teach English as a Foreign Language. Haven't touch it since May/June!!! I just have to finish the assignment to get over the hump, uuuuugggghh! Other course that requires a LOT of reading and attending 2.5 hours sessions weekly also already started.
3. I don't think I'll see the solar eclipse in Port Douglas, I'm being pulled towards another direction. But still aiming for a minimum of 4 weeks exploring before this year ends. At the moment, no time to organise it within budget, or else I would just tell anyone to plan it and pay. Yes, I am not overflowing with riches or spoils or easy life, like surprisingly some people believe. I just like to seize moments - dogged in executing (some/most) plans, or willing to yield with wisdom. I'm trying to balance all (within my current life stage), being responsible and adaptable with compassion, but I don't make minor reasons my major excuses for not reaching my goals or making life decisions. 
4. Improve financially, to "nest egg".... ==> This goal is hard, mostly because I forget to be more business-minded, enterprising, or be a capitalist. It is hard to make your goal something that really is not important to you, no matter how well you or others think you could be at it.... *The pressure of being responsible instead of trusting my future will be okay.*
5. No "mental-time" to concentrate on learning my 3 languages either... pity.
6. I really don't like having too much stuff nowadays. I have much I cannot part with, so I have to be cut-throat in what gets added to it. It's amazing/frustrating how many pieces of similar things I own (in different shapes, colours, styles/elegance, values, purposes, sentimentality, etc). And because I "flow" amongst a variety of interest/situations, there is no such thing as a "one-for all" or "fits-all-occasion".
7. Goal to be healthier achieved, now aiming to maintain. Again, for balance - healthy heart, healthy mind, healthy body ♥.
8. Skin, hah! "India" scars are still on me, plus new ones (little scars, mostly bruises) from my self-defence training on top. I have at least worked out because I can't handle how ravaged my skin gets when irritated, I cannot live long-term in jungles, or insect-biting-and-itchy-plant-infested places, or somewhere where sanitation could be a concern. Limiting, at least until I get much older when I won't care as much, or until I find the cure.
9. I still haven't driven or ridden. My licenses are purely decorative.
10. Not to injure myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment