Thursday 19 April 2012

Top Tens - Autumn List 2012


Ten Things I Love
1. The smell of freshly washed bedsheets, pillowcases and covers
2. Flowers! All kinds of flowers!! Love how they smell! Love the way they look! Love wearing them on my hair or ears!
3. Eating out and trying out different cuisines
4. The feeling of gratefulness when problems were resolved or ended
5. Iced chocolate drink with ice cream
6. Growing up spiritually
7. Confirmation I made appropriate life decisions
8. Acts of service
9. Chivalry
10. Old fashioned courtship


Ten Things I Miss
1. The beach - warm sea water while swimming and warm sand
2. My siblings' kids/babies!! :-((
3. Reading a good book
4. Having my own place. But still, I love where I live ♥♥!!
5. Protective hugs
6. My hands being kept warm
7. Hotter weather. It’s getting colder!
8. Acts of service
9. Chivalry
10. Old fashioned courtship


Ten Things I Don’t Like
1. It's time. Have to deal with a financial issue from my past (problem#3, the last one, ugh)
2. Chasing debts, wondering when and if I will get the full payment. I dislike it when the issue is about money!
3. People who don’t actively pursue solutions to problems, especially when the other party is me. I know this power game – child’s play – trying to prevent me from moving forward. "Breathe and roll with the punches" (quoted from a colleague).
4. Pettiness. Petty talks. People, stop gossiping negatively about others!
5. Mixed messages, especially regarding the dating "games". Action speaks louder than words/fears/intents. "Love is the easy part. It's making it work that is hard" (More than a decade old quote from an old friend, Gerard, whom I lost contact with pre-2000. I still remember this chat ).
6. Me in this complaining mood, ugh. Stop.
7. (Been reading my old diaries. I was strong and independent, but too trusting, nice and gullible. Hopefully still, but also wiser and more balanced ☺). Too many diaries. Intend to burn/shred them after reading, one already gone ☺.
8. Took close to 100 "friends" off the list in my social networking profile. Our chance to get to know each other better, albeit online, had long passed. Then, I prefer to restrict their access to more personal parts of my life whenever possible. :-)
9.
10.


Ten Goals for 2012 (Pretty much the same since Summer 2012's Top Ten List!)
1. Not shopping for clothing/footwear/etc until the end of this year. I have more than enough and my higher needs will not be met buying more! Not that I shop – spent less than $40 total since New Year 2012 ☺. About $30 spent on a competition team shirt I wore this week/end.
2. Start and finish online course to teach English as a Second Language.
3. Get rid of problem number 3.
4. See the solar eclipse, 13-14 November 2012, around Port Douglas.
5. Improve financially. Time to "nest egg"....
6. Really work on learning the 3 languages I said I will be fluent in after 5 years.
7. Have even lesser material things. Too many paperwork and reading materials in my room.
8. Be healthier. When active, I seem to not crave eating junk foods or drinking or smoking (i love shisha).
9. Find product/s to prevent bites and cuts from getting worse and lingering on my skin, that I won’ be sensitive to, ugh.
10. Learn to ride a scooter. Get my licence. Relearn to drive, or actually, to park.


1 comment:

  1. your sincerety is so genuinely admirable Amore :)

    ReplyDelete