Friday 2 March 2012

Clearly

Yesterday (last night) was interesting....

I started my day very tired, when I woke up. I prayed to feel better, then crawled to and around work. Prayed for superhuman strength and partnered up with Hulk(!!!), our trainer(!!), during boxercise (he complimented me for doing well, met him punch for punch and never dropped down, thank you God). Prayed for more energy as I walked from work to attend a volunteers' meeting after 6pm. Thanked God I was home around 10.30pm. Showered etcetera. Sort of resting in bed after 11.30pm.

I turned on my laptop to check online life quickly. Prayed to God thanking Him for my healing and my endurance; then prayed for more strength/alertness, guidance and clarity to write my next blog. I was setting up to get comfortable when suddenly my netbook turned off. It did not feel like it caught on anything but the plug/fourth/jack (what is it called?) that goes into the computer dislodged, for no obvious reason. The battery was not connected.

Confused I looked around the cord and my netbook, made sure it was not tangled. I deduced that I probably yanked my netbook too hard without realising. In my mind I also spoke to God, "Is this you telling me to not write? Telling me enough, go to sleep? I don't know but if my netbook turns off again, I will assume so....".

I turned the computer on again, placed it securely on my bed. Set my alarm. Turned off the light. Picked up my netbook to place it on top of my pillow.... OFF! The cord disconnected again! I sat there carrying my netbook mid-air, digesting the event. My bullheadedness considered turning it on again. Either I wanted to test God again, to be sure; or because I did not want to give up(!) frustratingly(!) over a simple obstacle/coincidence. I lowered my laptop on the table, then went to bed. I was knocked out, asleep within minutes....

Today I reflected on what happened. I was quite glad I listened. I really needed to sleep. I got so caught up with doing so much and praying for restful sleep instead, because I was assured God would give it. I grew up this way and He always empowered me. So despite my fears and fragility, I had the tendency to still push forward with (over)confidence, loving life and living with/to love....

Also, if I forced myself to write about the topic I formed in my head, I would have written it in very tired and emotional state. I prayed to God to guide my writing. He knew I was not in the right frame of mind. Knowing how I would be like (stubborn, especially when tired) He answered my prayers in a manner that would be clear to me. Thank God I listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment