Wednesday 13 July 2011

10 Things I Love and Miss - Middle of Winter's List

Ten Things I Love This Winter
  1. Sunny breaks
  2. Random acts of kindness from strangers
  3. New kindhearted friends
  4. Acts of kindness by friends
  5. Finally finding “long-term” accommodation where I can really settle in to concentrate on other pursuits
  6. My mom, niece and nephew together at last (mom to spend time with another nephew soon I hope!)
  7. Spiritual growth
  8. International home-cooked meals made for me by friends, yum!
  9. Quality time with my family
  10. Having the means and ability to properly take care of myself - not being helpless

Ten Things I Miss This Winter
  1. Hot chocolate drink with marshmallows
  2. Full body massage
  3. Summertime spent in North Coast, Egypt (or Dahab)
  4. Travelling, learning and experiencing a new country and it’s people/culture
  5. My brain or specifically my memory – I can't seem to keep what I learn in nowadays, eg languages…. I take longer to understand technical knowledge lately too. Hope it’s not because I am getting old, hahahah!
  6. My little Delight’s purrs, meows, nudges, hugs and affection (my cat, she passed away while I was overseas, broke my heart)
  7. Lying down in the park – it’s too cold and wet at the moment!
  8. Really engaging conversations
  9. Salsa, or learning a new dance (I’ve been interested in learning tango for 3 years now, but my dance partners are overseas!)
  10. Active outdoors fun – hiking, camping, snorkelling, sailing, abseiling, hide and seek, tag, kite flying, etc - anything active really, done with nature or outside

 

No comments:

Post a Comment